I recently had the pleasure of chatting with Georgie Harman, CEO of beyondblue about the actions that contribute to mentally healthy workplaces.
I recorded the discussion which you can listen to here and/or, take a look at some of the notes taken from the recording below.
beyondblue provides access to information, tools, help lines and other support strategies in order to meet its vision which is for everyone to achieve their best possible mental health.
Because ‘mentally healthy workplaces work better for everyone’, beyondblue has created the Heads Up Program which provides individuals and businesses free tools and resources to plan and take action towards creating mentally healthy workplaces. Georgie Harman noted that:
1. There is no distinction between physical health and safety and mental health and safety. Each is treated as seriously as the other.
2. Everyone is encouraged to talk openly about mental health.
3. People who have a diagnosis of a mental health issue are supported by the organisation and their peers.
4. Risks of mental health are identified and mitigated
5. Discrimination, bullying and harassment are not supported.
Add a Comment