February 2019 Blog Posts (13)

What Makes A Good People Leader? These Are The Top 3 Skills

Do you have what it takes to be a good people leader? We’ve thought long and hard about what makes good leadership. We’ve narrowed it down to what we believe are the top three skills based on our experience working with people leaders over the years.

The top three skills are feedback, coaching and delegation. With the changing environment of how we are managing teams now, we absolutely need these skills. Whether you're…


Added by Jan Terkelsen on February 18, 2019 at 10:56 — No Comments

Over a quarter of working Brits admit they are “married to their job”

Recent research commissioned by Perkbox, Europe’s fastest growing employee experience platform, ahead of Valentine’s day, has found that over a quarter of working Brits admit they are ‘married to their job’, with 45 per cent habitually working outside of their contracted hours for over an hour a day…


Added by Alexandra Sanpera Iglesias on February 14, 2019 at 21:30 — No Comments

Ways to Make Sure Your Employees Are Properly Trained and Educated

You must have heard the saying that employees are a company’s most valuable asset. While that might be true, it cannot be achieved without giving them proper training. A cohesive and well-educated team is crucial for your business’s productivity and success. That is why you will be glad to hear that there are plenty of ways how you can make sure your employees are up to the task. Take a look.…


Added by Mike Parsons on February 13, 2019 at 22:08 — No Comments

Briginshaw Applied: Weighing Up The Evidence

For those involved in workplace investigations, one court case seems to be of central importance - Briginshaw v Briginshaw. Interestingly, this 1938 case is actually about alleged adultery in the context of divorce! So the question immediately arises - why do the concepts in Briginshaw seem to hold sway in…


Added by Vince Scopelliti on February 13, 2019 at 10:10 — No Comments

Responding to requests for flexible working arrangements under the new modern award provisions

On December 1 2018, the Fair Work Commission finalised the model term for requesting flexible working arrangements which has been inserted into all modern awards as part of the 4-yearly review.      

The term applies when an employee has made a request for a change in working arrangements under the National Employment Standards (NES).…


Added by Mathew Paine on February 11, 2019 at 10:30 — No Comments

5 Tips for Sourcing Candidates Through Social Media

Fun fact: only 20% of potential job candidates frequent traditional job boards like Craigslist and Indeed. Of the remaining 80%, most already have a job, but a large percentage of these passive job candidates would gladly switch jobs if the right offer came around. This means that if you’re focusing all of your sourcing efforts on old-school job sites, you’re cutting yourself off from a whole wealth of candidates who might be perfect fits for your team.

How can recruiters best avoid…


Added by Damian Samoila on February 8, 2019 at 19:12 — No Comments

How L&D Is Holding Itself Back From Digital Transformation

Technology has been commonplace in L&D for decades but in an age in which digital is transforming organisations – and even industries –…


Added by Kiren Kahlon on February 6, 2019 at 20:30 — No Comments

Why Counter Allegations Must Be Investigated

In the usual course of workplace investigations, it is often one person's word against another's. This is particularly the case when a serious allegation such as sexual misconduct has been made, and there are unlikely to be any witnesses to the event. 

When a serious allegation has been made, often the 'accused' then makes their own claims against the accuser, resulting in cross and counter-allegations.…


Added by Vince Scopelliti on February 6, 2019 at 9:40 — No Comments

Planning a Fun Corporate Party? Do it in 5 Easy Steps

Throwing a party in your workplace is a surefire way to help your employees relax and bond. Having a coherent team will help you get better results and work in a healthier work environment. We all deserve to have some fun once in a while, and throwing a themed party will remind your employees of that. Of course, it’s…


Added by Emma Williams on February 5, 2019 at 21:52 — No Comments

The path to a successful Workplace Investigation

Over the holidays I received a fevered call from a good client, “Dave”. He is an HR Officer at a smallish regional hospital. It was a bit of tricky and sensitive matter. It was an allegation of sexual harassment by a woman against another woman and he knew it was based on unwitnessed behaviours in the changerooms at the hospital. Dave also knew there…


Added by Tony Fell on February 5, 2019 at 6:00 — No Comments

Monthly Archives











© 2019   Created by Jo Knox.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service