Here are some quick tips to giving feedback that will be well received and acted upon:
1. Always give feedback face-to-face.
2. Giving feedback on a frequent basis makes it normal and expected.
3. Be fair and consistent. Take the time to recognise good performance, not just problems.
4. The feedback conversation requires you to focus on the person with you, without distractions.
5. Stick to the facts and don’t let emotions influence how you deliver feedback. If you are feeling angry or upset, wait until you’re in a better frame of mind.
6. Have a plan to follow-up on your feedback to see if it’s been effective. If you were expecting change and it hasn’t happen, try again.
You will have other tips you can add to this list, I'm sure. Please add your comments below.
Add a Comment